Saturday, March 31, 2012

Getting to, staying in, the quiet place~

Abba.. How? How do those of us who know you, those who hear you calling us, how do we get and stay quiet when the voices of the world, when the cries of those who surround us crowd out all else?  This has been my challenge this week, o’God. This week when the media screams out inflammatory reports of pain, and injustice, and war, and the ongoing and forever present man against man, woman against woman, humanity against humanity tirade.  The voices, o’God. How do I tune them out? Do you even want me to tune them out?  While I desire to be still and listen, maybe it is your desire that I remain open to hearing the voices. There then is the challenge… to remain open to the voices.. the voices that align with my own spirit and heart, and the voices that rankle, that rattle, that force me to clench my jaws tight so that I will not speak words that I can’t take back, words that would pierce the hearts of my sister, my brother.  So that I will not lash out.  Truth is that you never tune out the voices. You hear us. You watch us.  I imagine that it hurts you.  It hurts you to watch your children hate on each other with words and actions.  You, who loved us so much, who loves us so much…. who has given us the prime example and definition of love, through the life and death of your Son.  For you so loved the world that you gave us the embodiment of love… can we remember to walk in, practice being in that place of love?  Help us…

No comments:

Post a Comment